Thursday, September 6, 2012

Cooking in Den Haag: Spaghetti with Mushrooms, Garlic and French Cheese

I know mushrooms and spaghetti is getting a little repetitive, but I have a small fridge in my small apartment, and I can't stock too much at once! :P

What I used:

handful of Spaghetti
3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1 small white onion, finely chopped
4 large juicy mushrooms, sliced
about as much cheese as I could. I didn't have mozzarella, so I used the soft French cheese that I have, which kind of tastes similar but is softer :)


Boil the spaghetti as per packet instructions, or until al dente.

In a pan, heat some oil, put in the garlic. As the garlic starts to slightly brown and smell yummy, throw in the chopped onions. Cook until soft.


Put in the slices of mushroom and gently toss around so that its well coated with the oil and garlic. Cook, tossing frequently, until it just starts to water. Turn off the heat as soon as you see it watering - this way, the earthy flavours of the mushroom won't be lost.

Once the spaghetti is cooked, drain it (save some pasta water). Toss in some butter, the cheese and salt. Toss it all together till the pasta is coated will the butter and melted cheese.. The soft cheese shouldn't take long to melt. Add the mushroom mixture and toss everything together.

Spoon it all onto a plate, dot the pasta with some more cheese on top, pour yourself a fat glass of wine and feel proud. :D


So incredibly good. I think this is going to become a regular. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment